- LaRissa, LP Inspire
Beware of the monster in your mind...
Beware or BE AWARE...
We all have an inner dialog. When I was younger, I kept bouncing between some version of "stay positive" and "you can't do that, dummy." For me the positive one has won out into adulthood, but that doesn't mean that the negative monster doesn't rear her ugly head sometimes. (Can I call the monster ugly???) I have learned that the first step of changing this negative talk is to be aware of it. Sounds easy, right? Well, yes. And no. Sometimes the negative monster talk is so natural that we don't even know we're doing it. So, start by paying attention to that inner dialog. That's step one.
And why is it important?
If you are constantly bombarded with the same message you start to believe it. Let's make the messages positive. Research shows us that for every negative interaction we have, it takes between 4-8 positive ones to combat those bad feelings. If this is true, we have work to do. And it starts within us.
We are frequently shown the "perfect" man or woman in the media. We are told by the people around us to act a certain way. We put insane expectations upon ourselves. All of this can be overwhleming.
When we talk to ourselves we need to remind ourselves that WE ARE ENOUGH. We need to fuel ourselves and the people around us with positive messages to become our best selves. We do not need to be perfect to be great. And we shouldn't expect others to be perfect either.
So, do yourself a favor. Speak kindly to yourself and to the people around you. Start believing in the goodness of yourself and of each other.
Need some good action steps?
1. Break out your journal. Write down the things that you are grateful for every day. Or as much as possible.
2. Before you fall asleep thank your body for all the hard work she/he has done for you today. Be specific. (It might feel silly, but "thank you legs for getting me to all the places I needed to be" really will make you start to appreciate all that you do and are.)
3. Sign up for my freebie journaling notebook HERE to reflect upon all that you are and all that you can be!
4. Ready to share the tools of the Lotus Project with others in your life? Follow and share all of our inspiration from Facebook and Instagram.
5. Want to start your own Lotus Project in your community? Check this out here...
#positivity #positiveselftalk #journaling #mentalhealth #loveyouself